They say, beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. But some places are really awful.
Want to see alternative Kyiv? You’re in the right place!
- Awful constructions, old caves (that witnessed some of the worst crimes of XX century), abandoned (and working) factories, scratched buildings, left cemeteries, the pioneers of illegal real estate business in Kyiv and hills with strange stories.
- See where the merchants used to sell the food right at the foot of the scaffold, and where the biggest fire in Kyiv’s history ruined most of the constructions.
- Discover the place from where the second hand culture started in Kyiv. Explore the old wooden houses where people still live, see those buildigs that are falling apart right near the new constructed private houses.
- Learn about one of the darkest days in Jewish history – the libel trial against Mendel Beilis, and see where the crime happened in 1911.
- Watch and learn about abandoned and still working factories with deep history. Pass through the old cobblestoned road, surrounded by old artificial caves. Find out the stop of the oldest settlement in Kyiv. Walk the block, used to be called the “small Tel Aviv in Kyiv”
- Learn more about urban decay and urban projects in Kyiv.
- Make your way through strange garages to get amazing views on Kyiv. Discover one of the most controversial and offbeat yet local districts of Kyiv – for true explorers.
Awful can be Awesome. Dare to see it.
Duration: apx. 3,5-4 hours (can be more if the saying “Curiosity killed the cat” is about you)
Price: 1500 UAH/per person (2600 UAH for 2 people)